Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Super Summer Readers

Last week, I said goodbye to an amazing group of 5th graders. I also completed my first year as a librarian. I enjoyed every minute, and I know that I made the right move in my profession.



The last week I saw classes in the library, we discussed summer reading. This summer, students will not log minutes read. Instead, we will log days that we read and take pictures of ourselves reading with our family. Students are encouraged to post the pictures of themselves reading on Twitter with the hashtag #gisdreads. I will be looking for Hillside students this summer. And I will be posting my pictures as well.

Outgoing 5th graders were given the Lone Star Reading List to begin reading this summer. There are quite a few titles on this list that I cannot wait to read either. 3rd and 4th graders were reminded about the Bluebonnet List to read over the summer. Don't forget to fill out a Bluebonnet Book Response Form.

This summer, I will be posting my book reviews, as well as book recommendations. STAY TUNED!


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment