Sunday, April 30, 2017

LITTLE CAT'S LUCK by Marion Dane Bauer

Little Cat's LuckLittle Cat's Luck by Marion Dane Bauer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book has a charming cover which appealed to me from the beginning. I love free verse novels, so I was excited to read this book, and it did not disappoint.

Patches, the little cat, is mesmerized by a falling golden leaf, and she falls out of the window. Wondering off following the leaf, Patches loses her home and has trouble finding her way back. On a mission to find the perfect special place, Patches meets an unlikely friend. Gus is the meanest dog in town, but why is he so mean?

Kids, 2nd - 4th grade, will love this free verse novel, especially if they are fans of animals. I am pleased that this on our Texas Bluebonnet list this year.

Some other reviewers complained that the human characters did not have their cat spayed or microchipped. Remember, this book is written for elementary age children that will fall in love with the animal characters. This is a must for every elementary school library.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment