Wednesday, May 17, 2017

4th Grade Book Recommendations


We are wrapping up the school year, and it is time to start collecting library books for the annual inventory. It is always a sad time for me when I have to close the library, but the library has to be prepared for summer. The students always ask me what they will do if I'm closed. The 4th grade teacher and I put our heads together and came up with the idea that the students should make recommendations to each other for their summer reading.

The padlet was created for the students to add their book recommendations, and I have been blown away with how many students have added their favorite books. This link will be available to the students all summer. Students will be able to look for a book recommendation as well as add new books that they recommend.


Made with Padlet

It makes me so happy to see the students excited about books and recommending to each other. They come to me often when they need something to read, but having your peer recommend a book can be more meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment