Thursday, September 5, 2019

School is Back in Session

This is a late post, as we have been in school for 3 weeks already. I recently was thrown a curveball, and found out that I will be moving up to the middle school that my elementary school feeds into. This was an unexpected opportunity, but an opportunity that I could not turn down. I will be here at the elementary school for 2 more weeks, then I move over to Austin Academy. I am very excited about this new journey.

Back to School Bulletin Boards

I love looking at ideas on Pinterest for bulletin boards at the beginning of the year! The kids love looking at the bulletin boards through the year as well. 

I really like this last year's favorite bulletin board. I found the idea on pinterest over the summer. I looked up the books with the most checkouts and holds from last year, and put them on the bulletin board. The bookmojis are from Buncee. 


The school theme for this year is "Super Learners are Super Leaders", so we did a superhero theme on our other bulletin board. I took grade level team pictures, then asked teachers their favorite books. Do you spot my Tieks? That was my aide's idea, she is brilliant! 


Library Orientation 

The first couple weeks, we focused on library procedures and taking care of our books. The older grade levels played a Kahoot game to review the procedures. They had a ton of fun with this game! 



The younger grades went over taking care of our library books and being responsible. After reading MR. WIGGLES BOOK by Paula M. Craig, the students drew pictures of themselves taking care of their library book. 






No comments:

Post a Comment