Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Bluebonnet Voting Party

One of my favorite book lists is the Texas Bluebonnet List put out every year by the Texas Library Association. It is a selection of 20 books, fiction and nonfiction, chosen by librarians and teachers in the state of Texas.  Students in 3rd through 6th grade who read 5 or more of the books from the list get to vote on the winner of the Texas Bluebonnet Award.

In my library, we made the Bluebonnet list a huge deal! Students that read 5 or more are invited to join the Bluebonnet club. I host a special party on our voting day, complete with decorations and cookies.






The winning book for Texas will not be announced until sometime in February, however, I counted the votes from our students, and ROLLER GIRL by Victoria Jamieson came in first place. The students don't know it yet, but I have a signed copy of this book that will be raffled off at our Reading Night in March!! 


I can't wait to hear the announcement next month for the winning BlueBonnet Award Book! 

Now, I'm off to plan a Making Inferences lesson for 3rd grade next week and Civil Rights Movement for 4th grade.  

No comments:

Post a Comment