Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Shapes in Kinder with Google

If you have been following my blog, you are aware of my Chromebook Academy that the teachers and I teach every year to kinder and first graders. If not, you can read more about it on this previous post.

Kindergarten had started their math unit over shapes.  I had seen an idea on twitter by @MLTumlty where she used the book TRIANGLE by Mac Barnett and had the students sort shapes in a google slide. I loved the idea, and had to try with my students! 

Barnett, Mac. TRIANGLE. illustraed by Jon Klassen. Candlewick Press, 2017.

After reading the book, students logged onto their Chromebooks and then to Google Classroom. They are getting so good at logging in!!! 


We did a quick review over how to open an assignment and how to click and drag, then they got started. They had tons of fun! 





It is always nice to be able to incorporate technology into our lessons, and collaborate with the teachers. As an instructional partner, I was able to bring math to life in the library. Students need to be able to learn many different ways: hands on, written, visual, and technology. Putting our heads together, the teachers and I were able to come up with a lesson that students were engaged in and will remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment