Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Kinder meets I.Q. and More!

The second week of school has passed already, and what a week it was! Especially Friday!! Everyone wanted new books for the long weekend. By the end of the day on Friday, I felt like books were flying at me from all directions. But, that is a good thing, because that means my Hillside Scholars are reading and loving books.
 
Kindergarten met our library mouse, I.Q. In the book, I.Q. learns to find books on the shelf and use his library card. We learned what a library card is, and everyone checked out a new book. 
 
 
 
First grade read Wild About Books by Judy Sierra, which is about a librarian who accidently takes her book cart to the zoo. The animals love the books so much, they decide to start their own zoobrary. It is a fun, rhyming book. Then first graders watched a video on how to use the shelf markers, and they practiced using the shelf markers correctly while choosing their books. 
 
 
 
 
Second graders reviewed ways to take care of our books and be responsible. We watched the video, based on Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, which is a favorite at our school.  Of course, we laughed while watching the video, then they talked at their tables about what the pigeon did that he should not have done to the library books. 
 
 
 
 
Third, Fourth, and Fifth graders were introduced to the Texas Bluebonnet Club, and I showed them how to access the BlueBonnet Book Response form. I already have some that have filled their response forms out and have their names on our bulletin board outside the library.
 
 
I just finished reading The Lost Planet by Rachel Searles, and I highly recommend this book! It is filled with adventure. What are you reading this week?
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment