Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Things Kids Say... and Constitution Day

For the first time this year, I have not been feeling well this week. Something in the air is really doing a number on my head and nose. The kids have been so sweet and made the days easier, even though I'm not feeling well.  I was out for a training Tuesday morning, and I was told numerous times how much I was missed. The kids are so amazingly sweet!

One little girl came to me today and said, "Is this really your library? I wish I had a library of my own!" I told her she could if she grows up to be a librarian. Her eyes sparkled, and she just looked around at all the books.

My junior library volunteers has started up, and they are awesome! To help things run smoothly, I am making them name tags with a list of jobs on the back of the tags. That way they aren't asking me what to do next every time they finish a job. The name tags will also help other teachers know why they are walking around the building.

Thursday, September 17th is Constitution Day, so this week in the library students have been learning about the Constitution. First and Second grade learned the Preamble, Third and Fourth learned all about what the Constitution is, and Fifth grade learned about the Bill of Rights.



I bet some of you parents remember watching this Preamble School House Rocks video when we were in school.



I hope you are all working on your CyberSafety posters. I can't wait to see what they look like and who will win! 




No comments:

Post a Comment